Christopher is an award-winning PGA Teaching Professional and Director of Instruction at Eugene Country Club. He was the Lead PGA Instructor at Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club for 18 years, a longtime consultant with Nike, Inc. and Nike Golf, and the Guinness World Record Holder in Speedgolf (a round of 65 played in 44 minutes with just six clubs at the Chicago Speedgolf Open in 2005). Christopher is an adjunct faculty member with the PGA of America, and has been featured in articles in Golf Digest, GOLF Magazine, The Wall Street Journal and GolfWeek. Christopher authored "I’ve Got 99 Swing Thoughts but ‘Hit the Ball’ Ain’t One" (Crown, 2007), and created the neuroscience-based "Better Golf" audio CD.
Christopher has instructed professionally since 1988 in a wide variety of environments, both domestically and abroad. His list of students includes Tour players, professional athletes, CEO’s, top-ranked juniors – and recreational hackers. His coaching blends tools, technology and vast experience, all geared to create a learning experience that is both enjoyable and performance-based. Christopher played collegiate golf at the University of California at Santa Barbara, and later on the European Challenge Tour, before pursuing his passion for coaching and instruction. He is a graduate of the University of Utah where he holds a bachelor’s degree in French, and a minor in Russian.
- Guinness World Record Holder in Speedgolf
- Selected from 2003-2020 by Golf Digest Magazine as one of the top instructors in Oregon
- Adjunct Faculty Member with the PGA of America
- Swoosh Elite Staff Member with Nike Golf and consultant with Nike, Inc.
- Creator of the Train2Trust programs
- 2004 Pacific Northwest Section PGA Teacher of the Year
- 2003 Oregon Chapter PGA Teacher of the Year
- Runner-Up in the 2006 Oregon Open & 2007 Northwest Open